Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare features a total of 34 weapons. Still everybody seems to choose the same few guns on Public Matches. Talking about Primary weapons, nowadays most people use the Bal-27 Assault Rifle, the ASM1 Submachine Gun or the MORS Sniper Rifle, and their variants. (Variants can be unlocked in Supply Drops.) Before, many ran with the AK12 Assault Rifle and the KF5 Submachine Gun.
Of course you see other guns in the game, like SN6 Submachine Gun, Atlas 20mm Sniper Rifle or Bulldog Shotgun, but those weapons are not as common.
So, let’s start with a few class suggestions:
The Generic Assault Classes
- Primary: AK12.
- Attachments: Red Dot Sight (precision sight), Stock (move faster when aiming down the sights), Suppressor (invisible on enemy mini-maps when firing).
- Note: The AK12 has very low recoil, meaning you don’t need Foregrip (vertical foregrip for reduced recoil). Remember, generally Foregrip helps a lot.
- Primary: Bal-27.
- Attachments: Stock, Foregrip, Suppressor.
- Note: The Bal-27 seems to be the most popular gun in Advanced Warfare multiplayer, and not without reasons.
The Quickscope Sniper Classes
- Primary: MORS.
- Attachments: Ballistic CPU (reduces sway when aiming through the scope).
- Note: As of today, regular sniper sights are broken (read: off center). Therefore you could pick Variable Zoom Scope (a variable zoom scope with 3 levels of zoom) for a proper align sight, but you can’t have this and the Ballistic CPU. Also, the zoom levels differ from the default scope. Quickscoping in Advanced Warfare is real, but is more of a glitch and some connoisseurs call it Blackscoping, due to the small (and black) timeframe when you scope in. Although in practice it works quite the same. You might as well chose a variant, like MORS – Pummeler with -1 Damage, -1 Accuracy, but with +1 Fire Rate, +1 Handling. However, Damage doesn’t seem to drop, so this variant is a one shot kill on the torso and head.
The Rush SMG Classes
- Primary: KF5.
- Attachments: Red Dot Sight, Foregrip, Suppressor.
- Note: This SMG has good Range for its class. Bear in mind that you don’t need Stock on any of the SMGs.
- Primary: ASM1.
- Attachments: Foregrip, Suppressor, Rapid Fire (increased fire rate).
- Note: You could choose a variant of the weapon, like the ASM1 – Rigor, and get +2 Accuracy and -2 Handling. And with Foregrip you get another +2 Accuracy, meaning you could chose Rapid Fire to get the +2 Fire Rate (+25% rate of fire), and take the -2 Accuracy (-15% recoil) penalty and still go positive on Accuracy.
Balance Your Weapon
Actually, you could try to counter any reduction on your weapons by adding Attachments. E.g. on the Bal-27 – Obsidian Steed (which has increased Damage but reduced Accuracy), put Foregrip and perhaps Red Dot Sight to even out the Accuracy nerf.
There are 13 slots to be filled with a combination of everything, and you need to make your decision based on your play style. Usually, I pick three Wildcards to max the Primary weapon and Perks, sacrificing Scorestreaks.
If I’m to choose only one Scorestreak, I’d pick System Hack (an autonomous cyber attack that disables enemy HUD, radar, and reticles).
- Wildcard 1: Primary Gunfighter (take a third Primary attachment).
- Wildcard 2: Perk 1 Greed (take a second Perk 1).
- Wildcard 3: Perk 3 Greed (take a second Perk 3).
- Perk 1: Lightweight (move faster), Low Profile (invisible to UAVs, Tracking Rounds, and Exo Ping).
- Perk 2: Cold-Blooded (immune to Thermal, Target Enhancer, Threat Grenade, and enemy call outs. No name or reticle color change when targeted).
- Perk 3: Toughness (flinch less when shot), Hard Wired (immune to System Hack, EMP, Nano Swarms, Stun Grenades, and Scramblers. Scorestreaks remain vulnerable).
Exo Suits and Vertical Maps
In brief, the major change from earlier Call of Duty games is how you move. With the Exo abilities you can jump, dash, dodge, slam, slide and fuck around in several new ways. Also the map structures are adapted for this; routes of navigation are increased verticality, and you need to watch the rooftops more than before.
A final tip is to try to learn how to boost jump and shoot – you will need to adjust to the new pace to be successful.