I find lots of good music on SoundCloud. It’s really a fine resource.
I like all sorts of music, really. There’s a time and place for everything, right? And there are good and bad shit in all genres. But on SoundCloud, I tend to listen mostly to hip hop and dubstep, don’t know why.
Usually I look for unsigned acts and bedroom producers, not indie per se but still very underground, struggling artists, so to speak. The major ones you can find elsewhere.
A thing that differs a good song from a not so good, is the sound design quality. I’m not talking about volume here. Of course loud tracks stick out, but quality doesn’t count in decibels.
Here’s a random list of songs (which doesn’t reflect the whole spectrum of my taste in music nor is it complete in any sense). I think this shit is fucking awesome. Sometimes it’s the songwriting skills and sometimes the production value. Sometimes the performance and sometimes everything. Shout out to y’all!
- xKore – Scumbag (xKore Remix)
- Davr – Mischevious Funk
- Brainondrugs – I’m Just A Man With The Soul Of A Clown
- Dollas, Texas – Bad Girls (Wick-It Remix)
- SICKFLIP – The Moan Of A Machine
- KOVEN. – Whoopi’s Back In The Habit
- tHORAXXX – 30 Minutes (tHORAXXX Remix)
- Nuskulfunk – Time (Nuskulfunk Bootleg)
- Audio-FX – I Like Your Face Better When It’s Broken (Fist Fight Remix)
- Hooky – Tower Of Digi
- Sawtooth – Dead Negative
- Paranoid Breaks – Sickle
- Divine Sage – No Name
- Chomp Chomp – Count Chompula
- Preyfour & Mizuki’s Last Chance – Backflip Dinosaur
- xxxxx – Settle Down (xxxxx Remix)
- Selfrepeater – Follow You
- s.DoPE.79 – U Crazy ?!?
- Deka The Beat Maker – Hip Hop Way Of End
- Tyler Tony – Make You Say
- JaySyd – Sounds
- M Mac – No Competition (Remix)
- sbauer – Smaragd Barrakuda
- Rudebrat – Always Wonder
- Crushendo – Sacred Swag Featuring Billy Blacklight
- Bro Safari & UFO! – Drama
- Dark Elixir – Knight Rider
- Teknian – Wipe Out
- MakO & Protostar – No Fire Featuring Rachel Hirons (Clip)
- Maribel Tafur – Mutual Core (Maribass Remix)
P.S. If you’ve ever wondered how a mediocre producer could have thousands of plays and comments, read Terry Matthew’s article about the exploits using bots and fake followers to juice up stats.